Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fabi & Rosi for Austin Restaurant Week

Dined at Fabi and Rosi last night a group of girl friends. It is in a cute house where the old Zoot used to be, right off of Lake Austin Blvd. I loved the decor (and the waiter said ALL girls do), it has a black and white motif with funky one off pieces like a stuffed deer head and crystal globe-ornaments hanging over a partition with lights twinkling inside. Our table was one of three in the back room, and overall it was great. A little noisy after a couple of glasses of wine, mainly because of the obnoxiously loud table sitting by us. Our food was good- and the Restaurant week menu noticeably varied. I chose the pork belly appetizer salad with spinach, walnuts, pears and blue cheese which was a leap for me. I had never had pork belly before and it was super salty and rich- maybe too much so looking back at the dish, but pleasant at the time. For the main I chose the Lemon Verbena Ravioli with a prosseco cream sauce and crawfish tails, and had the rich chocolate mouse for dessert. 2 glasses of vino later- and I was ready to go to bed. All in all a place I would go back to, if nothing else to have a glass of red out on the cute patio in front.

No comments: